If you want to offer support to people aged under 18, you'll need a 'Working with Children Check' (called herein, WWCC). This is called a Blue Card in Queensland. 

The system exists to help minimise risk of harm to children and young people.

Whether you require a WWCC depends on your 'usual' work.

"Usual" means your work is habitually or typically occurring.

The more checks and verifications you hold, the more 'trust' your profile shows.

How do I get a Working with Children Check?

To get a Sole Trader Working with Children Check, contact:

* QLD - Complete this Sole Trader Blue Card Form

* NSW - Apply for a Working with Children Check